Legal Services to the Road Transport Industry
The road to success…
The road transport industry can present its own particular challenges. This is why transport firms of all types, including haulage, logistics, delivery, removals and plant hire companies, need specialists, such as our team of experienced legal professionals, in their corner.
Whether your business is exclusively a transport firm or transport is a consequence of your activity, our knowledgeable team of solicitors are on hand to offer legal advice on everything from motoring prosecutions to multi-million-pound commercial transactions.
With commercial sense and legal know-how, the team can help with a wide range of transport industry issues including:
- Employment and HR law. Including: drivers’ hours legislation, service provision changes under TUPE, disciplinary and grievance matters, trade union activities (including pay negotiations and industrial action), contracts of employment, drivers’ handbooks, Agency Workers Regulations and representation in employment tribunal proceedings.
- Dispute resolution. Including supplier and customer disputes, carriage of goods, VOSA impounding and seizure as well as debt recovery services.
- Commercial and corporate services. Including advice on terms and conditions, supplier and fuel contracts, carriage of goods, succession planning, exit strategies and corporate transactions.
- Business defence/regulatory/health and safety. Including VOSA investigations and prosecutions, interviews under caution, vehicle detentions by VOSA, motoring prosecutions including speeding, dangerous driving, overloading, tachograph offences and drivers’ hours infringements, death by dangerous driving and corporate manslaughter cases.
On hand to support our clients when they need us most, a 24-hour support service is available for business defence and criminal matters.
- Property transactions. Including the acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold property, the granting and renewal of leases for business premises, property finance, (including secured lending and pension fund transactions) as well as commercial development transactions.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency matters. Including contentious and non-contentious personal and corporate insolvency, business restructures and re-financing, business turnaround, security issues and advice on personal guarantees.
To find out more and to discuss your specific requirements, contact us.