Why do I need a solicitor to help me keep my children at home with me?

The local authority can only remove children from the family without parents’ consent by getting a court order. Care proceedings raise two fundamental human right; those of a right to a fair trial and a right to a private family life. As a parent in care proceedings you are entitled to automatic legal aid and representation in order to protect your human rights. Furthermore, court proceedings can be very traumatic and complex and require expert assistance.