I want to see my adopted children, what can I do?

You can apply for an Order of the Court for post-adoption contact. However, you will need to ask for the court’s permission to make the application. In deciding whether to grant permission the court will consider the risk of the proposed application disrupting the child’s life and any harm it may cause, the applicant’s connection to the child and any representations made by the child, the local authority or the adoptive parents. Such orders are very rare.