I have had a visit from social services, do I need a solicitor?

You will almost definitely need a solicitor if social services tell you that they will be issuing care proceedings, that they will be holding a Public Law Outline meeting, if they ask you to sign a Section 20 written agreement or are convening a case conference, or they tell you that you need a solicitor.