Do I need a solicitor to act for me if I think I have been given the wrong advice by a financial adviser?

Financial advice services are a complex and wide ranging area, from mortgages to investments to pensions. There is often also a choice of methods by which a claim can be resolved, e.g. through the courts or through an ombudsman scheme. Each has its own limitations. It is always best to obtain specialist legal advice if you are thinking of making a claim for bad financial advice.