Can I claim on behalf of my parent who has been hurt in a care home?

Yes you can, if it appears that your parent may have been injured as a result of an avoidable incident or accident whilst being cared for. If your parent is still mentally competent they would need to make their own decision as to whether they wish to pursue a claim for compensation. If your parent’s mental condition means that they cannot make decisions for themselves, then you can certainly pursue a claim on their behalf.