Commercial Property Lawyers
Protecting yourself, your assets and those leasing and using your property from any potential legal issues is a must when it comes to commercial property.
Offering practical advice delivered in a jargon-free way, our commercial property department is on hand to guide you through a wide range of commercial property matters, whether you represent a small business or a large blue chip organisation.
Along with our legal expertise within commercial property, our expert commercial property lawyers can call on members of the wider Smith Partnership family for expert advice on any other issues that should arise, for example licensing law, environmental matters, employment issues and health & safety law.
Our range of services include:
- Acquisition/ disposal of freehold and leasehold property.
- Granting and renewing business premises leases.
- Property finance.
- Residential and commercial development transactions.
- Drafting, negotiating and agreeing the terms of commercial leases, business sale agreements and transfers.
- Preparing legal documentation for the sale of commercial property at auction.
- Handling the sale and purchase of a wide range of business premises such as shops, restaurants, industrial units and property used by schools and colleges.
- Handling all aspects of secured lending over commercial property by commercial lenders.
- Dealing with the sale and purchase of licensed property such as public houses and hotels. We have a team with expert knowledge of licenced property transactions and handling licensing applications and other complex matters surrounding licenced property.
- The acquisition of commercial property by commercial pension funds.
- The assembly of land for development purposes and the subsequent disposal of plots on the developed land.
Representing businesses from across a wide range of sectors, including the airline industry, residential and nursing care, secured institutional lending and the licenced trade, the department is led by Head of Department and Partner, Jason Wood who boasts extensive experience across a wide range of commercial property matters including development work and property finance. Also within the team is specialist property solicitor, Katie Burgess who is based at our Burton on Trent office, and Partner, Dennis Thomas who is Head of Commercial Property at our Leicester Charnwood Court Offices.
To find out more and to discuss your specific requirements contact us.