Accidents in Public

Accidents in Public

In every circumstance…

While probably leaving you red-faced, a trip or slip in a public place can also leave you with more significant injuries than bruised pride.

From uneven paving slabs in the street to spillages on a shop floor, if you have been injured as a result of a trip, slip or fall on the street, at work, in a shop or other premises, you may be entitled to compensation.

There is a legal duty for owners of such places to keep you safe while you are there, if neglect of this responsibility results in you being injured, then you may be able to claim compensation.

Along with compensation for the injuries you have sustained, you can also claim for any financial losses you have incurred due to the accident, including loss of earnings and travel expenses while attending GP and hospital appointments.
Accidents should be reported to the relevant person, i.e. store manager, at the time it happened and recorded in their accident book. Gathering evidence of the accident, such as taking photographs of defective paving slabs, is always a good idea.

With a wealth of experience in personal injury cases, our team of expert solicitors are committed to finding the best outcome for your case and work hard to keep clients posted of the progress of their case every step of the way.

To find out more and to discuss your specific requirements, contact us.

Back to Personal Injury Solicitors page.

Useful Links: Accidents and Illness Abroad, Accident at Work Claim, Asbestos Related Illness, Claims By Children, Crime Compensation, Fatal Accident Claims, Industrial Deafness Claim and Head Injury Advice.