From here you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions across all our services. Using the filter simply choose either business or individual to access the complete range of services available. Can’t find the answer you are looking for? Contact us to discuss your query.

I want to sue my builder, but he hasn’t finished the job what can I do?


Take legal advice as soon as you can. Make sure you have all written documents e.g. contract, quotation, list of payments. Take photos and make a list of the problems/defects. At some point you will need a report from a buildings expert but it is usually better for this to be obtained in conjunction with your solicitor. A ‘Letter of Claim’ needs to be sent by your legal adviser to the builder to start a formal process to enable the dispute to be resolved.

How long will a claim against a professional take?


Each case is different but as rule of thumb, up to six months for a negotiated settlement or one which is mediated. If court proceedings are begun, then it will take longer - usually up to 18 months or so.