Smith Partnership have a number of solicitors who are accredited by the Law Society as specialists in their chosen fields. These are; Family Law, Family Law Advanced, Personal Injury and Children Law.
The Law Society operates accreditation schemes in order to:
- promote high standards in legal service provision
- ensure that consumers are easily able to identify legal practitioners with proven competency in given areas of law
- help consumers to make informed choices
- offer solicitors and firms use of a recognisable brand
- provide information for courts, statutory bodies and other professionals
- ensure that scheme members maintain relevant standards of competency and expertise, by means of periodic reselection, re-accreditation and re-authorisation
Membership of Law Society accreditation schemes is voluntary. The expertise of scheme members in a given area of law has been verified, and their accomplishment is recognised by the Law Society.